Ingredients: For Dosa
1 1/2 cups rice
1/2 cup urad dal
salt to taste
2 large potatoes
1 medium onion (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon yellow split peas
1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1-2 green chili
1 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
- Separately soak rice and urad dal at least 6 hour or overnight in water.
- Grind to paste.
- Mix together, add salt with water to make batter.
- Leave in room temperature overnight.
- Mix onion and chilies to the thin batter.
- Heat pan or griddle with little ghee or oil.
- Spread the mix on pan in circular motion to make thin Dosa.
- Cook on both the sides, if desired.
Masala Filling (Spicy Filling):
- Heat oil. Add mustard seed, peas, onions and spice.
- Fry for about 5 minutes on medium heat or/until onions are turned into golden brown
- Add potatoes and mix and cook some more Serve
- Add filling inside Dosa and roll. Serve hot with Chutney.
2 cup Sambhar (Tuvar) Dal
1/4 kg Vegetables( Drumstick,Green Pepper,Eggplant,Okra)
1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
3 Red chillies
3 Green chillies
1 tsp Sambhar powder
a pinch Hing
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Mustard
1/4 tsp Tamarind paste
4 tbsp Cooking oil
- Wash and dice all the vegetables.
- Boil water and cook the dal with turmeric and salt.
- Separate the cooked dal and water, and keep them aside.
- In thuvar dal water cook the vegetables..
- After the veggies are cooked, add tamarind paste.
- Now add the cooked thuvar dal and simmer for a few more minutes
- Heat some oil in a pan, splutter mustard, then add methi, red chillies, green chillies, curry leaves, hing, turmeric, and sambhar powder and keep frying for a few minutes.
- Season the sambhar with the above prepared tadka.
- Sprinkle coriander on top.
3 fresh green chilies or as per taste
2 tbsp cilantro or coriander leaves (chopped)
1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
1 tbsp split peas (roasted)
3/4 cup plain yogurt
Salt To Taste